Friday 26 April 2013

What a Week!

Out of our five school days this week, I was out of the building for three of them. An important part of being a teacher is staying current with Professional Development. I was fortunate to attend some great workshops this week centered around Indigenous (First Nations) topics; one of them specifically with the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba. Very interesting and informative!
I came back at the end of Friday to see how my class did without me, and was very pleased to see the Inukshuks they created! It can be tough to work with clay, but the results are spectacular! Ask your student what an Inukshuk is, and why they were built. Canada's North is a fascinating place with a rich history!





A great book written by a class in Nunavut!  We really enjoyed learning some words in Inuktitut!

While at my session this morning, I got an AWESOME little email sent from Ms. Neufeld, our music teacher. My students decided to have some fun in music class with the 'Harlem Shake', which is a hilarious dance video that people are creating all over the world. Search it out on YouTube, and you'll find hundreds of them!  This video made me laugh! I have the funniest group of kids!
Enjoy!!

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I love anything related to dancing! Good job room 23!

    ReplyDelete